[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Variations On TC Topologys?

to: Steve

Do not place the cap across the transformer sec with the spark gap in
series.  Always place the spark gap parallel the xmfr feed and place the
cap in series with the primary tap.  Doing it the first way will guarantee
you a dead transformer fast due to feedback problems.

A magnifier TC is a normal pri-sec coil and then the output of the top of
the sec of this "driver" is feed to the bottom of an insulated third
inductor called the "resonator".  The driver provides 80-120 kV with a high
driver current to the base of the resonator which develops a very high
potential due to Q (quality) factor multiplied by the applied feed
potential.  This system requires very high coeff. coupling in the driver
circuit, high break rate for RSG, and high quench quality in the RSG.  This
was Tesla's system employed in Col. Springs in 1899.  The archives from
this list has more data on this magnifier system.

DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net