[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: DC powered tesla coil (fwd)

<<
> I'm running up to 140Vac into my neon. 9 section RQ gap with a
> variable speed vacuum cleaner motor on it. 6" by 30" toroid. This was
> with what should be a lousy primary of 30 turns of #12 wire and 16nF
> of home rolled cap.

> 	jim

Jim,

I'm sorry to hear you had august problems.  Your system seems
similar to mine, I may have opened up my gaps wider, that's the
only main possible difference I can think of, and I was using fewer
gaps.  But variations in transformer design my have affected the
output, etc.  My TC secondary L was 95mH.

John Freau