[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Unusual capacitor dielectrics

>Original Poster: Steven Ivy <adder_black_the-at-yahoo-dot-com>
>
>I once had the idea of using ice as the
>dielectric in a capacitor
>Does anyone know the dielectric strength and or constant
>for ice?

Someone just posted a chart & listed it as 4. Which I considered suprizing,
since water is 100. But water expands during phase change from liquid to
solid, unlike most everything else.

I want to build an ice-man sculpture, with ice-spheres resonant to a tesla
coil's break-rate. Or how about a piezo-electric ice sculpture, that
periodicaly gets smacked by a hammer & produces a lighting bolt, like an
oversized peizo-lighter? You can put a sign on 'frosty the snow-man' that
says 'kick me' :)

Can you polarize freezing ice, as you would a peizo or ferro electric crystal?

<<<< If responses are not on the subject of Tesla Coils, please respond to
Scott directly. - Terry >>>>