[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Any info available on Vacuum Gaps?

<<<< Off subject, but I'll let it go this once. - Terry >>>>

">On Thu, 29 Oct 1998, Tesla List wrote:

>I've got a book on old radar systems written before WWII.

Was their radar before WWII?"

	There were many independently-developed radar systems in use at the
time of the start of WW2 in 1939.  Among the countries doing such work
were the US, England, France, Germany, Holland, Italy and Russia.
The necessary techology became available
starting in the mid-1920's, and by 1937 a number of countries had
fielded experimental radars.  An excellent survey of this work is given
in the book "Technical history of the beginnings of RADAR" by an
Irishman named S. S. Swords.  Published in Great Britain by Peter
Perivinus Ltd "on behalf of the Institution of Electrical Engineers".
Published in 1986 and long since out of print.

	I am not aware of any "books on radar" being published (at least not in
English} before the war, but classified literature came into existence
as the various systems were put into operational use.  The classic books
on radar are the MIT Radiation Laboratories series, published by
McGraw-Hill in  the late 1940's.

Ed