[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Natural RF suppression?

to: Gary, Bart

I'be said it several times before and I'll say it again --- never use
aluminum in any sparkgap design.  It will not conduct RF currents anywhere
nearly as good as brass or copper materials and will greatly reduce your
overall peak current.  As Terry Fritz pointed out in his recent work the
primary circuit is very critical to achieving peak currents in the system
and aluminum will reduce this.  We have also taken many measurements and
concluded there is no valid reason for using aluminum in an Tesla
oscillator spark gap.  If your coil is radiating it has more to do with the
design of the coil and top load.  R. Hull has also pointed out that a
properly tuned system is not a good radiator.  Don't use aluminum  -- it
will surpress RF but it's a poor choice.  Example, running a 700 HP drag
racing engine for occasional trips to the supermarket.

DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net