[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: info wanted

Tesla List wrote:

> Original Poster: "Marc Boiy" <ON1DCV-at-mail.dma.be>
>
> dear Sir,
>
> I'm new to this server and "tesla" and found the information on the
> internet so beautiful that I wanna build a tesla transformer myself.
>
> A small one will do but I need some good schematic and safety roles before
> I can start building.
>
> So If someone can help me with good information I would be very
> grateful.
There alot of schematics around. I would suggest that you visit
<www.pupman-dot-com> and go straight to the Tesla Coil Ring links that are
at the bottom of his page. There are about a 100 or so Tesla sites in
the web ring and they aare full of information.

> Are the parts who are needed to build,obtainable in Europe?
These are the main items, if you can get your hands on these then you
can definitely build a coil. A neon transformer between 5-15 Kv 30-60
ma(from a neon shop), magnet wire (preferable size being 22 or 24
gauge)(from a electric motor repair shop), a piece of PVC pipe 4-6 in.
diameter (plumbing supply) and about 50 foot or so of 1/4 in. soft
copper tubing or some large wire (4-6 gauge)(either of these can be
bought in a hardware store).

> Are there other people in Belgium or Holland who can help me?
I am from the U.S.

> You see, I have so many questions about it that I can't write them
> down all.
I have built two coils myself, both being a success. Of course my first
was a little on the thrown together side but I got 19 inches of spark
from it. But my second coil, the one I use now, will let off about 34
inches of spark. So in other words just give me an email if you need any
help.

> Many thanks in advance,
>
> Marc Boiy
> Parijseweg 139
> 2940 Hoevenen
> Belgium
>
> <mailto:ON1DCV-at-mail.dma.be>ON1DCV-at-mail.dma.be

Chris