[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Positive VS negative streamer

to: John

I think Mr. Benson was posting data related to the discussion regarding why
the positive streamers tend to form longer or breakout easier than neg
pulses.  Even though RF currents are unipolar in nature, if you consider a
very short time duration they are essentially direct currents (of one
polarity) during the corona formation stage and could be considered
somewhat similar to DC.  I would add that this phenomonea appears to be
somewhat similar to Trichel pulses formed with DC Wimshurst machines.
Trichel pulses also appear to form with much more vigor on the positive
terminal of such machines.

DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net