[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Polycarbonate Glue

In a message dated 10/21/98 5:30:48 PM Pacific Daylight Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

<<
 I am working on a TC project.  I cut some plastic pieces but can't find
 anything that will glue them together.  This plastic must be polycarbonate.
 Acetone has no effect on it.  PVC glue does nothing to it and peals off like
 a sheet of paper when its dry.  Tried epoxy, polyester, super glue, bondo,
 model car glue, Methyl Ethyl Ketone Peroxide, acetone and none of them work.
 Any suggestion?

 Gary Weaver

Gary,

I talked to my plastics guy today.  He says you want Weld-On #3.  Which you
should be able to get from any plastics vendor.  He says the joint will turn
milky white and may not necessarily be air or liquid tight.  He goes on to say
that there isn't really anything that glues polycarbonate real well.

Ed Sonderman