[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: HV Caps for a first Coil

to: Guy

If you are running 50 ma I would suggest a .005 MFD cap.  Our company sells
them for a measely $25 per piece and they can be series and parallel
connected to provide higher cap values and higher potentials.  They are
rated at 9 kV (AC rms working voltage).

Extended foil construction is a specialized cap construction technique that
"extends the conductive foil" out of the cap on each side to allow for very
low inductance connections which provide high current and tolerate voltage
reversals that are common is oscillator circuits.

DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net