From: Tesla List +ADw-tesla+AEA-pupman-dot-com+AD4-
To: tesla+AEA-pupman-dot-com +ADw-tesla+AEA-pupman-dot-com+AD4-
Date: Friday, October 16, 1998 10:16 PM
Subject: Re: spiral secondary ?

Original Poster: +ACI-L. Robertson+ACI-
+ADw-LWRobertson+AEA-email.msn-dot-com+AD4-

Hi ...

I had the luck to be in Ames IA at the university the other day
and with a few hours to kill went to check their library. There
way back in the dusty archives I found contiguous issues of
the Electrical Review  back into the late 1800's. In a 1898
issue there was Mr. T. showing off a completely spiral coil.
The primary was a turn or two around the outside of a five
foot circular form - looked like a table top. The secondary
was wound inward almost to the center. Sparks were flying
furiously off a third coil about 2 feet wide and one foot long,
close wound, which was hooked to the center of the secondary.

The article was about making arbitrarily high voltages to transmit
power through a weakly conducting medium - the ionosphere.

LR

+AD4-
+AD4-Just a strange thought that floated through my mind the other day -
+AD4-would a flat (or angled) spiral +ACo-secondary+ACo- be practical ? I'm
sure
+AD4-the change in inductance per turn would have some effect - maybe good,
+AD4-maybe bad?