[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Starter coils

On Wed, 14 Oct 1998 04:40:52 -0600 Chris Morgan
<crmorgan-at-hotmail-dot-com> wrote:

>Why aren't starter coils used for tesla coils? Are they unsuitable due
>to improper output?  Are they too fragile?  Even if they are too
>fragile, replacements would be easily obtainable.

I assume by "starter coils" you mean automobile ignition coils. They are
used by some,
their not high on the power capability, but will work, especially the
newer high performance ignition coils. I've heard GM mentioned quite a
bit by those playing with high performance auto ignition coils.

                               Alfred A. Skrocki
                          Alfred.Skrocki.Sr-at-JUNO-dot-com
                 Visit my Do-It-Yourself Aquarium WEB page at:
                  http://WWW.GeoCities-dot-com/CapeCanaveral/6251

Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno-dot-com
or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]