[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: UK Pole Pig Question

Hi Jan,
         Sorry about the delayed reply.  My E-mail has been down for a
while so I'm trawling through a large back-log of Tesla List posts!
I estimate that there are about 30 known Tesla Coil enthusiasts in the
U.K
Not very many I know, but we are here!
There is clearly many, many more in the USA per head of population.
Why that is so I dont know.  Perhaps because Tesla was a US citizen.
I'm sure that there is a lot more UK coilers out there that are not
aware of the rest of us! Maybe they are not on E-mail.
Anyway, welcome to the list! (I think there is about 10 regular
subscribers in the UK)
As for pole pigs they're not as readily available over here, but there
are a few coilers using them, though I'm still using Neon sign
transformers at the moment myself (much safer!)
If you really want a pig and you're fully aware of their dangers try
your local Electricity board and seek out the transformer repair dept.
I'm not sure where you are, but there is a company here in the
Nottinghamshire area that recondition pole pigs.
If your still having difficulty in finding one, get back to me and I'll
put you in touch with them, though if you have not built a coil before,
I would strongly recommend that you start of with Neon sign
transformers.
They are easily available over here from just about any sign shop.

Good Luck!                          Cheers  Martin Dale.