[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Fw: Arc Impedance Study - Computer Models

Hi Sulaiman,

-----Original Message-----
From: Tesla List +ADw-tesla+AEA-pupman-dot-com+AD4-
To: tesla+AEA-pupman-dot-com +ADw-tesla+AEA-pupman-dot-com+AD4-
Date: Tuesday, October 13, 1998 8:59 PM
Subject: RE: Fw: Arc Impedance Study - Computer Models

+AD4-Original Poster: Sulaiman Abdullah +ADw-sulaiman+AEA-lityan-dot-com.my+AD4-
+AD4-
+AD4-Hi, 'scuse me for butting in but as a complete beginner I don't see
the
+AD4-relevance of the discussion in the sense that I'm only aware of two
+AD4-scenarios,
+AD4-
+AD4-1 NST, OBIT or MOT where I believe we would have little choice in
+AD4-primary capacitor value as resonant charging would be used to get as
+AD4-much out of the transformer as possible, and the higher the primary
+AD4-voltage the better since we effectively loose a voltage equal to the
ON
+AD4-voltage of the gap for each half cycle of r.f. with the primary
+AD4-inductance chosen to match the Fres of the secondary,
+AD4-

The geometry of the secondary is still a variable is it not?

+AD4-2 Pole-pigs where similar considerations apply but Cpri is chosen by
+AD4-considering power+AD0-energy-per-bang x bangs-per-second. Again Lpri is
+AD4-chosen to match Fres of the secondary.
+AD4-

Still a variable?

+AD4-What am I missing?   ... Sulaiman

Barry