[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Black PE any good for caps?

Tesla List wrote:

> Original Poster: "mike" <mike-at-gmx-dot-com>
>
>  Is black PE film any good for cap making, or does the black color indicate
> some pigment (like lampblack) that's possibly conductive?
>
>  - Mike
>
>  BTW: Thanks to all who responded to my question about my military surplus
> coil/kit !

Mike,

While there are some who have successfully used black film, your best
bet is to use clear. Impurities will tend to degrade LDPE's dielectric
performance, even if the coloring agent is not lampblack. Since the
clear material is very easy to find, there's really no reason to use
anything else.

-- Bert --