[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Alternitives to pigs & nsts

We all know that pole pigs are expensive (definitely out of my budget)
and NSTs can be hard for people in some communities to find.
One question I'd like to know the answer to is: Why are car ignition
coil's not used for tesla coils?  I've read they output 20kv and up, and
seen other HV uses for them (laser power supply).  Are they to fragile
for tesla coil use?  Even if this is the case, replacements would be
easily obtainable.  I assume they would be rather durable, as they run
for hours strait, and I've never heard of anyone having to replace one.
As for OBITs,  I'm completely ignorant of there availability,
performance, and durability.  Any information, especially on the
procurement of them, on them would also be appreciated.

Chris, via the inter-thingy