[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Self-built power transformer (some design parameters)

Doug:

I think the point we were trying to make, which may not be obvious to
everyone, is that the resulting inductance is still that of one 8-turn
winding, not one of 40 turns. So if you start out with five 1 mH windings
(on the same core) and parallel them, you still have a 1 mH inductor but it
will handle 5 times the current (assuming of course that the core can
handle it).

- MIke

-