[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Cap Question

Reinhard,
My calculation came up with 9.8nF, near what you measured. There got to be
something wrong with your calculation:

    .224 * k * A / d * N

 = .224 * 2.0 * 929 / 2 * 2 / 1000000 = 9.8nF

k = dielectric constant (2.0)
A = plate area in square inches (78.74 * 11.8)
d = distance between plates (.00175 * 24)
N = Number of plates (2)
/ 1000000 = nF
Bart