[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: IMPORTANT: RESEARCH ON WHAT?

Tesla List wrote:

> Original Poster: "Malcolm Watts" <MALCOLM-at-directorate.wnp.ac.nz>
>
> Hi Marco,

Snip

>      I would also like to see the voltage distribution between the
> driver secondary and extra coil (with particular attention given to
> systems such as Richard Hull's Mag #11-E). I have long held the view
> that a solenoidal winding is limited in the voltage it can ultimately
> withstand by its length. I would be interested to know what the final
> voltage of Mag #11-E is and what proportion of the output voltage is
> generated by the resonator.

...........................................Malcolm,

The potential actually going into the 12" X  4" resonator coil's base on
11E is
unknown, but the transmission line will give about a 18"  flaming white hot
arc
of incredible brilliance and brissance.  The xmission line touches down on
a 12 X
3 spun Aluminum toroid at the base of the resonator.  #30 wire (Kynar- wire
wrap
wire) is tight wound and uncoated the full length.  A 20X5 toroid is in
contact
with the output end of resonator.  The resonator is hollow with no bulk heads
(just a cross bar at each end for suspension)    Thus, two flat un-insulated
metallic surfaces (toroid webs) face one another separated by the hollow 12"
resonator.  The 20X5 Toroid is stepped out in only 6" with a very shallow spun
Aluminum cone to 36".  There, a 45"X 12" toroid is bolted to the entire
apparatus
and I have produced 125" sparks  with 7KW.  So the direct, empirical, visual
experience is an 18" arc to a 125" arc via resonator rise.  I personally feel
that the artifcie is not so much in the resonator and the potential is not
scaled
6 or more to 1 as might be innocently assumed.  The field control has got
to be
superb as the two webs separated by 1 foot regardless of voltage phasing has
never arced over.

I have written a new final chapter for the fourth printing of my book on
the CSN
which discusses air arc production with these systems and my ideas about what
takes place and why our optimization processes found here at the TCBOR work
the
way they do.  Most of it doesn't really care about potential at all, only
current.  Extremely low run or arcing Q's are fine. I hope to reprint
within the
first quarter of 99.

Richard Hull, TCBOR

P.S.  Currently on the Fusor trail and with a lot of new sensitive gear in the
lab, I have limited the arc path of 11-E to 84"