[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re. Cap question

>Original Poster: Phililp Mac Duffie <shadow42-at-totcon-dot-com>
>>
>Hello,
> I was courious on the fireing of my first TC tomarrow. I have almost
>everthing ready to go and I was wondering about my poly cap. Ive had many
>problems with it after construction (i.e the tabs ripping off the plates due
>to axial output leads) but should i try this cap at all? What could happen? I
>do have a 1/2" hole in one end where i connected the vaccumm pump. This cap
>also leaks so should i chance it or quickly construct a bottle cap to get
>first light?
> Thanks,
>Philip Mac Duffie

If the options are to either try it or scrap it, go for it, no harm
there.

If the options are to try it now or fix the problems and then use it, fix
it.  If the connections from the tabs to the plates are not solid, the
very high primary currents will cause the joint to heat up, permanently
damaging the dielectric.

Gary Lau
Waltham, MA USA