[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: Ignition coil measurements

James,
what an interesting idea! real 'food for thought'.
My second thought was "how could the particles be free to easily rotate
yet be fixed in one place? The natural tendency of a zillion magnets in
close proximity is to form a big lump of magnetic stuff! If this could
be solved you may end up with highly resonant cores!  Imagine tiny
particles rotating at 18,000,000 rpm!

> Let's start a new thread:  Transformer Design
>
>     Because, I wanted to work on a newer concept of a transformer all
> together.  I was handling a can of lanolin, and thinking about
> building a
> transformer one day, and I realized something.  Lanolin, is a
> compressable
> fluid.  So, when I was banging on the can, it would vibrate, and
> resonate,
> after I hit it, it would just sorta "boing".
>
>     I'm sure you affiliated with hysterisis, and permiablity.  Well,
> if
> there's a way to load a compressable fluid with a ferro-magnetic
> material,
> be it nano-metal would eliminate the need for oxide, and neodymium
> should
> work.  In other words it would never need to demagnetize, but by being
> suspended in the compressable fluid, be able to rotate a very small,
> low
> mass granule of magnetized material with a greater ease than oil.  I'm
> sure
> that the container would experiance a change in pressure without any
> air
> bubbles present, but magnetically sound, and calculations would be
> worked
> about the same as any other magnetic material, but the frequency range
> should be extended.
>
>     Do you know about any high temperature compressable fluids, or
> gels?

-
	no!