[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Tube pinouts

<<
 I was wonderin how i go about finding what parts are what in my triode tube.
 (801) It has 4 pins on the bottom and one on the side. It looks like the
 side terminal (more like a stub) is the plate. The two larger pins are the
 filiment. What about the other two bottom pins? They do not conduct to each
 other. I one the grid and the other the catohde?
  Thanks,
 Philip Mac Duffie >>

      Philip,
      There's a mystery here,  my manual does not show a side terminal
      for the 801, unless you mean that small 1/16" metal prong attached
      to the ceramic base, that's just a locating pin.  the plate connection
is
      one of the bottom pins,  Looking from TOP view of tube, or socket, with
     locating pin at top,  the pin to the right is pin 2 (plate), the next pin
     down (clockwise) is pin 1 filament, the next is pin four (clockwise,
     bottom left), the next pin is pin3 grid (clockwise) upper left.  The two
     filament pins are thicker pins.  Sometimes you can look into the tube
     outdoors for plenty of light, and see where the various leads connect.

     The filament IS the cathode, there's no separate heater like in a small
     TV tube.  Note the schematic I sent you which shows internal tube
      design...filament is cathode.

     John Freau