[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: GM HEI Coil Autopsy

Hi Ed,

Tesla List wrote:

> Original Poster: Ed Phillips <evp-at-pacbell-dot-net>
>
>         I have the "hottest" Accel coil I could buy at the local speed shop,
> and it doesn't perform as well as the GM coils in the application for
> which I am using them. By the way, when I bought the Accel coil the
> clerk gave me about three feet of used 8 mm silicone rubber insulated
> copper ignition lead with a fitting for the HV terminal of the coil.
> This is really good wire, but have never been able to find any again.
>
> Ed

Sure it was the hottest? Accel is the "want-a-be" as far as after market
manufacturers go (my opinion). Regarding the wire, there is some very good
wire
out there and I'm surprised you couldn't find it. Ignition wire is priced by
performance and the "really" good stuff is expensive. I've got lots of after
market pro-shop catalogs around. If you want me to give them a look through
for
you I will, but reply off the list (were starting to get off the subject of
coiling).

Bart