[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: GM HEI Coil Autopsy

"
        But... I'm not building racing motors! :-))  As another post
tonight will
explain, we need coils that can have the iron cores easily removed.  The
cores on a "fine" GM coil can be removed with a simple drop on the
floor!
However, you have some experience with other after market stuff.  Do any
of
these have removable (by a beginner) iron cores.  If so they may work
very
well!!  My coils are now running $13.99 from AutoZone.  A hard to beat
price!  My earlier fear that cheap GM style coils my not be of high
quality
appears to be wrong...

        Terry
        Holder of the coveted GMHEICSLR :-)"

	I have gotten all of my GM HE coils at the local junk yard.  Complete
with distributor cap in which they are mounted the price runs between
$3.00 and $5.00, depending on the mood of the guy behind the corner.
Have purchased about a dozen and no bad ones yet.  Are you using the
thing WITHOUT	 the core???????

Ed