[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Not enough pimary inductance?

Ed Sonderman wrote:

> If you are going to add a couple of loops somewhere, I would suggest adding
> them to the primary.  It is usually possible to add more outside turns.
> Adding wire or loops anywhere else in the primary circuit would be off axis,
> very lossy and probably noisy RF wise - that power has to go somewhere.
From
> an efficiency standpoint, it would be like setting a maximum of 80% on the
> variac.

To add an inductance in series with the primary, not coupled to the
secondary,
is theoretically equivalent to decrease the coupling coefficient and
change the
primary inductance. It is not significantly lossy if wire as thick as
the primary
wire is used. The energy transfer is exactly as in the regular case.
Couplings
to nearby objects may be a problem, however.

Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz