[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Electronic Work bench; better than priced bread

    Hi All,

       For the last month I have had the fortune of using a new modeling
program that I bought for work (NRL).  The software is "Electronic Work
Bench".  There are pop-down symbols for all components and you just start
drawing your circuit as you would on a piece of paper.  You can edit any of
the components including magnet core transformers and nonmagnetic core
transformers.  It has an extensive inventory of passive and active components.
    Just to test it, I made a 2 meter three conductor strip line HV pulser.
 I used a 5 KV supply and charged it through a 1 M resistor and fired it
with a peaking spark gap.  I also tapered the output stage of the line by a
factor of 100 to give me a voltage gain of 10; Vout = sqt(Zin/Zout).
    I took some data of a few shots on a TDS 460 DSO.  I then used
Electronic work bench(EWB)to mode the circuit.  EWB has a scope as many
other diagnostics and I looked at the output from the mode.  I could not
believe what I had seen.  It was identical to the data that I collected
both in time series and in amplitude prediction.  I was amazed because I am
an experimentalist by profession and it is rare that theory gets you with
in a factor of 2.  Rarer still is the increasable moments when theory
predicts exactly what you measure.

Here is the info for the software:

Electronic Work Bench (personal addition for circuit simulation)
Price $299.00
Phone (416)977-5550

Hope this will interest some of you,
Dwight