[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: how to begin??

If you want to spend the money, you can buy a kit.  I've seen a website
that sells them, I don't remember what it was, but I'm sure someone on
the list can help you.  When I started I felt the same way you do, but
I've learned alot more about them from a good text book on electronics.
Besideds, it will take you a while to find all the supplies you'll need.
I'm of the oppinion that if your goin to build a tesla coil you should
know how it works.

As for schematics, most websites have them.  A part list is something
all coilers could benifit from.  As a high school student, I don't got a
lot of cash to blow on NSTs, caps.,and all the orther stuff people want
money for.  There for, the most involved part of building a tesla coil
to me is building, salvaging, scrounging, and begging for parts.  A good
list of sources for materials would be much more valuable than a simple
parts list.