[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Bigger secondary = longer streamers? (was Re: Anybody answering this? (Primary current and voltage effects))

Ed,

Yes, you are correct about my present situation. Maybe I can put my
questions like this:

If I keep the same tank supply, same primary capacitor, but I use a, say,
6" secondary, bigger toroid, bigger primary to keep the TC still tuned,
will I get longer streamers?

It seems to me that I need current only to properly charge quickly the
primary capacitor, but primary voltage is directly related to secondary
voltage i.e. to streamer length (forgetting about the effect of increasing
BPS). Am I right?

tesla-at-pupman-dot-com on 13.11.98 04:39:07