[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: streamer hit

On Wed, 11 Nov 1998 21:29:13 -0700 in the Tesla List
Terry Fritz <terryf-at-verinet-dot-com> wrote:

>I just tried LEDs in a jar of salt water.  The LEDs would not light
>up. However, I think the current was not high enough.  I probably should

>use small NE2 style neon bulbs for greater sensitivity.

He continued with:

>If the current is spread uniformaly throughtout the water column, the
current to each
>bulb may be very low.

Actualy since any current traveling through the water would be uniformly
spread out over it's entire cross section, the lamps would be not only
short circuited by the water, but the current that could possibly get to
them would be insignificant! I must add here that using water or jellow
or an other uniform conductor is not going to help at all! The problem is
a persons arm, leg or any other part of the body is made of a combination
of conductive and nonconductive or atleast very low conduction tissues. I
do not know how the medical cominity determined it's results but it has
been established by the medical community that high frequency currents DO
NOT penetrate deeply into the body but instead only penetrate a small
distance that depends on the actual frequency. Generaly speaking the
higher the frequency the smaller the penetration. Tesla himself was aware
of this and he used it as a psychological advantage during his "battle of
the currents" against Edison by giving demonstrations with some rather
high power coils producing close to 1 millon volts. he allowed the
discharge from thewse coils to travel over his body and procede to then
light bulbs, heat up wires and even cook eggs on copper plates he help in
his other hand and then connected to ground.

                               Alfred A. Skrocki
                          Alfred.Skrocki.Sr-at-JUNO-dot-com
                 Visit my Do-It-Yourself Aquarium WEB page at:
                  http://WWW.GeoCities-dot-com/CapeCanaveral/6251

Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno-dot-com/getjuno.html
or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]