[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: streamer hit

Original Poster: Terry Fritz <terryf-at-verinet-dot-com>
>snip
>>
>> I personally don't know what 80+ sparks feel like hitting your hand.
>>But I can say that I have held my hand up to my coil and it gives off
>>~3 foot streamers. It isn't really painful but it makes your muscles
>>contract and feel really weird. By the way if anyone is wondering I did
>>have myself insulated from ground and drew the sparks to me by using a
>>12 inch copper pipe.
>>
>>Chris
>>

>I always wanted to do this experiment but never got around to it.  I would
>like to take a thick piece of meat, like ham, and put neon bulbs or leds
>inside it with their leads along the current path.  This should indicate the
>currents in the interior of the meat (I would make little holes so I could
see
>the lights).  This would indicate if the Tesla coil currents flow on the
>outside of ones body or uniformaly throughout the body.  Perhaps someone
>already has done this or knows the answer??
>
>	Terry

Wow! Sounds like a neat experiment to determine if the RF currents really
are going through our internal organs and such (as opposed to the skin
effect which suggest they just flow on the outer surface of the skin).
However, It would be easier and cheaper to use clear Jello type gelatine
with some salt added to simulate the human body rather than expensive meat
(works fine for bullet testing).  The neon bulbs or LEDs would be very easy
to see and it would be very easy to encase them uniformly in the Jello.  I
always have wondered if RF currents arcing to our heads would pass through
our brains??  If so, arcs to the head may not be a good idea!

	Terry :-)