[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: streamer hit

Tesla List wrote:

> Original Poster: "Paul Marshall" <klugmann-at-hotmail-dot-com>
>
> >From time to time people write in to the list about intentionally
> exposing themselves to high voltage streamer hits. A couple of nights
> ago I was doing some extreamly low power test with my coil. 2 - 3"
> streamers. I approached the coil with a screw driver. Needless to say I
> got a painful suprise. My coil at high power will deliver 80 + inch
> streamers. I can't imagine what a hit from that would be like and I
> don't want to find out.
>
> paul m

Hi,

 I personally don't know what 80+ sparks feel like hitting your hand.
But I can say that I have held my hand up to my coil and it gives off
~3 foot streamers. It isn't really painful but it makes your muscles
contract and feel really weird. By the way if anyone is wondering I did
have myself insulated from ground and drew the sparks to me by using a
12 inch copper pipe.

Chris