[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Bylund Solid State Mag.

> Original Poster: "R M Craven" <craven-at-globalnet.co.uk>
>
> Duane Bylund wrote a valuable article, on a solid state TC driver-Magnifier
> in the September 1991 issue of Radio-Electronics magazine. There may have
> been follow-up articles or other articles in other magazines.

Some pages from this article are in ftp://ftp.funet.fi/pub/sci/electrical/
tesla/pictures/thornton/ as SS2TSLA1.JPG, also 2, 5 and 6 are there. But
the schematics aren't there, so the most useful part is missing.

I remember having that magazine on a shelf somewhere, I actually bought it
just because it had a Tesla Coil on the cover. However, at that point I
decided that I couldn't afford to build one, and/or couldn't make it work
anyway. So now all these years later, a friend of mine pointed me to Jochen's
High Voltage Page (about cascades - my friend was planning to make a plasma
globe), and it lit the spark in me again - I had been playing around with
a NST for some time, but got bored.

>From there, all kinds of links to images and schematics of big and small
coils all around the Web convinced me that getting started with a TC isn't
that hard at all, and most important, not that expensive either. Maybe some
day I'll make myself a solid-state (or tube) TC to avoid all the hassle with
spark gaps and tank caps.