[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: Capacitor construction?

David,
Why construct your capacitor twice?
If you make the higher value capacitor initially you can use it without
the topload by just tapping to fewer turns on the primary.
I'd use all available copper tubing to make as much primary inductance
as possible for future experiments/versions/secondaries.
You may want to consider a larger i.d. for the primary to allow later
experiments with larger secondaries, compensate for larger i.d. and
number of turns by reducing the space between turns, the space is only
required to allow a moveable tap without short-circuiting turns as the
turn to turn voltage can be insulated with 1/10" air only.
Also consider a larger value for your primary capacitor, 0.006 to 0.010
uF.

my two cents worth ... Sulaiman