[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Transformer cores

 I have been reading some postings from one of the list members in
 Australia who has built his own home built pig. I would like to know if
 anyone knows were to find large laminated iron cores? This would give
 you the flexibility to wind a transformer to whatever voltage that you
 like and would be a great learning experiance as well.

                                   Frankensteins Helper
                                           Max

Hi Max,

How about using old welding transformers, like I suggested a while back?

Keep the primary and rewind the secondary for high voltage. Finding a 4-8kVA
welding xformer is easy...........

xformer greets from germany,
Reinhard