[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Florida Coilers?

I am in the design stage of building a high energy TC based on a medical
x-ray power supply - 3 phase rectified HV (100kV) at up to 1A.
Starting with high tension lines to the the tank presents serious
challenges that, to be honest, I need some help with are there any
experienced coilers in the South Florida area?

In addition, I am talking with a hospital here which is closing it's
doors and some of the radiology hardware is too old to resell to other
facilities, it still works as far as I know but cannot be reinstalled
for the purpose of producing x-rays to unlicensed entities. Parting out
the power supplies on the other hand is a different issue. Salvage is
not prohibited. The x-ray tubes won't be available without an
appropriate license.

If anyone is interested and would like to discuss the applications you
can e-mail me at the address below. I will need some help to deinstall
the sites.

I am interested in discussing the intricacies of a tube coil of this
power as I see the spark gap spectrum as a major issue with the FCC when
your at the MW range. I currently have two matched tetrodes (rated 5A at
75 kV each) that I am planning to use. I am thinking of using them in a
flyback arrangement to pump the primary. Any better suggestions?

Bryan Kaufman

nlitnmnt-at-ispchannel-dot-com
bryan-at-apexrad-dot-com
nlitnmnt-at-axxsys-dot-com
nlitnmnt-at-aol-dot-com (if you use this one, flag your e-mail "tesla" or it
may get trashed with the rest of the spam.)