[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: foil enamal caps

Ramsey,
I made basically this cap type about 18 months ago. I used 8" x 12" aluminum
plates enameling both sides. The stacked plates were submerged in oil. The
cap was
to be used in conjunction with high value pulse caps. I never finished due to
capacitance values. I found it wasn't anywhere near what I required and
ended up
getting manf. caps. However, I remember not feeling good about the stack plate
cap. Trying to get the enamel the same thickness throughout the plate is
not easy.
I ended up with high and low areas. If you can figure out a way to ensure
dielectric thickness is even along the plate, it might work, but make sure
whatever you use does not deteriorate in oil.
Bart