[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

sync-gap problems

----------
From:  D.C. Cox [SMTP:DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net]
Sent:  Friday, May 29, 1998 1:29 PM
To:  Tesla List
Subject:  Re: sync-gap problems

to: Alan

Sounds like you have not finished the job of phasing the synchro RSG to
your line phase.  You need a scope -- storage type is best -- to actually
"see" where on the 60 cycle waveform your RSG is firing.  It could be you
are firing at or near the zero point in which case you are not dumping the
cap energy into the circuit.  Be sure to set it so it is firing at the top
90 degree peak of the sine wave (sometimes 5 degrees after works the best).
 If you don't have a scope just try moving the rotor approx 45 degrees with
respect to the motor shaft and run it again.  If this helps out then make
small 5-10 degree adjustments of the rotor with respect to the shaft to see
what works best.

DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net