[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Drilling Stainless Steel

----------
From:  terryf-at-verinet-dot-com [SMTP:terryf-at-verinet-dot-com]
Sent:  Thursday, May 28, 1998 4:50 PM
To:  tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject:  Drilling Stainless Steel

Hi All,
        Like many people, I like to use two large 12 inch salad bowls as a
top terminal.  For my new one, with built in current sensors, I had to drill
5 holes through the bowls.  WOW! was it hard.  The stainless steel in those
things must be very high in chromium content or something.  I trashed a
number of nice drill bits.  The titanium nitride bits work for a moment then
just slide on the surface.  If anybody has any better ways to drill nice
holes through this stuff, I would love to know about it.

Thanks,

        Terry Fritz

terryf-at-verinet-dot-com
        or