[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

2N3055 Inverter

----------
From:  gweaver [SMTP:gweaver-at-earthlink-dot-net]
Sent:  Wednesday, May 27, 1998 6:51 AM
To:  Tesla List
Subject:  2N3055 Inverter

That sounds like a good plan.  Do you have an inverter circuit that you can
email to me?  gweaver-at-earthlink-dot-net

I built a circuit using a 555 timer IC to drive a 2N3055 transistor at 60
HZ.  I am using 12 VDC to power this device and the output goes to a 10:1
step up transformer.  It won't work because the transistor won't shut down
completely.  I need the transistor to go from 0 volts to 12 volts and back
to 0 again but what I am really getting is 5 volts to 12 volts and back to 5
again.

Another thing I built is a 100 amp relay wired so when it turns on it breaks
the circuit and turns off again.  The relay buzzes ON/OFF very fast and
loud.  I connected 12 VDC to the extra relay contacts and to a 10:1
transformer and get 120 volts AC out at some unknow frequency.  This thing
is very loud and the relay contacts over heat.

I also have a 12 volt DC fork lift motor driving a 90 volts DC permentant
magnet motor.  The 90 volts DC motor puts out about 89 volts.  It works
great but a neon won't run on DC volts.  This thing will light up 8 100 watt
light bulbs.

5 amps X 12 volts = 60 watts, thats not enough to run a neon.  I have about
18 or so 2N3055 transistors.  Can I put several transistors in parallel to
increase the power.  I would like to have 1500 watts but for now I will take
anything I can get and worry about more power later.

Will the high frequency feed back from the TC thourgh the neon effect the
inverter?  Might need a filter circuit.

Gary Weaver