[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Paper on Spark Gaps and Coupling

----------
From:  terryf-at-verinet-dot-com [SMTP:terryf-at-verinet-dot-com]
Sent:  Tuesday, May 26, 1998 2:03 AM
To:  tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject:  Paper on Spark Gaps and Coupling

Hi All,
        I have done a study on spark gaps and how they are affected by
coupling.  The results are fascinating.  Multigaps can obviously support
high coupling coefficients but simple gaps may give higher voltages.  both
need to be tuned very carefully for best performance.

The paper is called
"A Comparison Study of Multi-Gap and Simple Tesla Coil Spark Gaps with
Various Primary to Secondary Coupling Coefficients"

The HTML web page and zipped Word 97 documents are at:

        www.peakpeak-dot-com/~terryf/tesla/experiments/experiments.html

The pages are very large (3 MEG) so be ready for a long download.  There are
32 scope pics that I hated to degrade to quality of....

        Terry Fritz

terryf-at-verinet-dot-com
or
terryf-at-peakpeak-dot-com