[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RF rated doorknob caps

----------
From:  Boombast99 [SMTP:Boombast99-at-aol-dot-com]
Sent:  Monday, May 25, 1998 6:34 PM
To:  tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject:  RF rated doorknob caps

What's the difference between RF rated doorknob caps and regular DC rated
caps? I've always heard that ceramic caps aren't a good choice for TC use
because of the pitting that is caused on the plates due to HF. I'm getting
ready to take a medium siized TC to Europe and the small size of ceramic caps
make them very attractive when it comes to fitting everything in a
suitcase.......any help would be appreciated along with anyone that has any HV
caps ceramic or otherwise to sell. I'm looking for .01-.005mfd -at- 40-80kv.
                              thanks,
                                               Dan