[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: chokes (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 22 May 1998 10:56:27 PDT
From: Mad Coiler <tesla_coiler-at-hotmail-dot-com>
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: Re: chokes (fwd)

>I would recommend dumping the chokes and using 300-500 pF bypass caps
>with series resistors and safety gaps on each side of an NST.

Assuming for the moment that I do as you suggest: I have a bag of 1nF
6kV ceramic caps that I could series for use as bypass caps. What kinda
resistor values we talking about? What V rating for the caps should I
need? Are you grounding the center of the bypass cap network or just
going from terminal to terminal on the NST's?

Sorry so many questions but I am getting so many different responses
regarding the use of chokes. I think experimentation is going to be the
best way to figure what works better for my setup.

Tristan Stewart