[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: secondary coils for tube coils (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 21 May 1998 22:46:37 +0200
From: Pete <casius-at-cyberserv.co.za>
To: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Subject: Re: secondary coils for tube coils (fwd)

Hi again John,

Now I'm being a pest. Would it be asking too much for info on pusling tube
coils. Maybe I can put the NL5557's to good work.
My 1st tube coil used a 3.5"x10.5" secondary and a 6146 tetrode. Was rather
complex. I then built a 813 unit using the same coil. Was also too complex.
Next I used the same coil in my 3x812AW coil. got +/- 120mm discharge. I then
took the coil from my 12/30 NST unit and used it in the 812 unit. This coil is
4" x 19" with 24 gauge wire. Got a better responce - +/-160mm discharge. Will
wind a new 4"x25" coil for my 833 unit.

Best regards
Pete