[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: 8KV tank supply from microwave oven components (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 21 May 1998 08:26:37 -0500
From: David Dean <deano-at-corridor-dot-net>
To: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Subject: Re: 8KV tank supply from microwave oven components (fwd)

-----Original Message-----
From: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Date: Tuesday, May 19, 1998 2:19 PM

Inc.
> Hardware Development Manager      www.vistacom.fi
>
> marco-at-vistacom.fi                 Kaisaniemenkatu 13 A
> fax:    +358-9-622-5610           SF-00100 HELSINKI
> phone:  +358-9-622-623-15         Finland
>
>   Remember, Murphy was an optimist! I am not...
_

What about a simple half wave rectifier?

               ___________>l___________(+)
      ___ [ll ]                           l
             [ll ]                           l
             [ll ]                           l
  pri1     [ll ] sec1                   l
            [ll ]                           l
            [ll ]                           l
   _____ [ll ]                           l
                l                           l
                lground             ---------
                l                      _______cap
             [ll ]                             l
             [ll ]                             l
  pri2     [ll ]sec2                      l
            [ll ]                             l
            [ll ]                             l
       ___[ll ]                             l

this would give approx. 6.8 kV
would not use microwave oven capacitors though.