[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Capacitor safety check (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 04 May 1998 20:00:41 -0400
From: Steve Falco <sfalco-at-worldnet.att-dot-net>
To: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Subject: Re: Capacitor safety check (fwd)

Tesla List wrote:

> [...]

I am planning something similar.  I have 40 mil poly, and will use one
layer in each of two caps in series (so the effective poly thickness is
0.080").  My trannies put out 5kv with no load, but since they are
designed to be used with a resonating capacitor (ferroresonant mode),
the output may go up to 10kv in the system - pretty close to the 11kv
you have.  You should be ok.

I used one layer of 93 mil poly with a 12kv neon, and it held fine.

	Steve Falco