[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: First Coil Design (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 1998 01:59:15 -0800
From: djQuecke <djQuecke-at-worldnet.att-dot-net>
To: Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Subject: Re: First Coil Design (fwd)

Most excellent suggestions all.  I almost cut the supports for the primary
this weekend and thought I'd better hold off till I heard from the list.
The primary info will help a lot.  I was well aware of the need to tap the
primary, but hadn't considered how I would do that with just 1/4" spacing
<g>.

And the rotary gap info was right on the mark.  The main reason I'm asking
the questions there is I expect that to take a while and be a bit expensive.
Knowing what I'm after in the end, I can better keep my eyes open for
materials.

The wire I've seen at the neon shops (GTO??) looks more or less like spark
plug cables and not at all like the wire from a flyback, as I was expecting.

Thanks for your time.

dj