[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

First Coil Test at WPI

----------
From:  D.C. Cox [SMTP:DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net]
Sent:  Sunday, March 22, 1998 10:30 PM
To:  Tesla List
Subject:  Re: First Coil Test at WPI

to: Joshua

You might first actually measure your coeff. of coupling.  This value will
give you a very good idea of where you want to be before you start a lot of
unnecessary construction or reconstruction work.  A good value is 0.18 to
0.22 range for most small oscillators.  If you have considerably more or
less than this then perhaps some changes would be worth considering.  It's
also very easy just to try elevating your sec. coil with some scrap pieces
of plywood for a temporary test.  Keep your variac at a low setting for the
initial testing -- perhaps comparing outputs elevated and nonelevated at
say 35-40% setting on your variac.

DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net

  -