[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Where do I get Tungsten welding electrodes?

----------
From:  Jeff W. Parisse [SMTP:jparisse-at-teslacoil-dot-com]
Sent:  Friday, March 20, 1998 5:35 PM
To:  Tesla List
Subject:  Re: Where do I get Tungsten welding electrodes?

All,

Ed Wingate built my rotor.

Diameter: 11"
Thickness: 1/2"
Material: G-10
Electrodes: 8 Removable
Electrode Type: 1/4" Solid tungsten TIG welding rod
Speed: Balanced to 5000 rpm

Totally overkill for the 3-15kVA power levels I expect to use especially
since I'll be running snycro (read: low RPM). Bill Wysock will be building
the rotor into the most rock solid rotary spark gap I'll ever own.

The point is... I've dinked around with homebuilt RSGs for years until I
realized (the hard way of course) that it takes a machinist like Bill or Ed
to really do it right. Anything else is wasted time presumably in the name
of science.

At least have Bill or Ed build your rotor.

Jeff W. Parisse, Director
kVA Effects
www.teslacoil-dot-com