[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Saw blades(Tungsten electrodes?)

----------
From:  gweaver [SMTP:gweaver-at-earthlink-dot-net]
Sent:  Thursday, March 19, 1998 10:28 PM
To:  Tesla List
Subject:  Re: Saw blades(Tungsten electrodes?)

I tried a saw blade about 15 years ago.  I didn't have a motor to turn the
blade so I used compressed air to spin the blade.  As the air blew on the
teeth of the blade it picked up speed and the spark output of the coil
increased with speed. At some unknown speed spark output reached its peak.
It was hard for me to maintain a continious speed using air to spin the
blade.  I think a variable speed DC motor would do the trick.  I was
operating with only 2 gaps. The blade had 40 teeth.  I had 2 electrodes set
to line up with 2 different teeth.  My electrodes were 2 #12 copper wires.
Not very fancy.

Gary Weaver