[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Solid State

----------
From:  Harri Suomalainen [SMTP:haba-at-cc.hut.fi]
Sent:  Thursday, March 19, 1998 10:27 AM
To:  tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject:  Re: Solid State

>In a tesla circut is it possible to generate the specific frequency
>that the secondary resonates at >BEFORE the transformer?
>The reason I ask is not to build a better mouse trap but to build a
>oscillator with MOSFET transistors.  These do not come in the
>high voltage variety but do allow 120v >at about 10 amps.

Yes, it is possible and has been done. Much the same as tube coils.
Do try it out, they are fun too! Don't be supprised if you get no long
arcs like with traditional pulsed coil. Peak power is much lower with
fets and results in much more quiet and smaller sparking.

>    I was wondering if anyone can tell me another use for mylar other
>than ballons.  I would like to use it as the dielectric for my capicator
but
>I do not have a good source for it.

It is used for many purposes including package material. However,
different grades have different electrical (and other) properities.

PS Please, try to limit line lenght somehow. Reading lines with huge
lenght is not fun. Most of us still use about 80 chars wide screens!

--
Harri Suomalainen     mailto:haba-at-cc.hut.fi

We have phone numbers, why'd we need IP-numbers? - a person in a bus