[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

30 BPS, 60 BPS tests

----------
From:  Bert Hickman [SMTP:bert.hickman-at-aquila-dot-com]
Sent:  Thursday, March 19, 1998 7:16 AM
To:  Tesla List
Subject:  Re: 30 BPS, 60 BPS tests

John,

Being a transformer, I'd expect that the average DC value must be 0. Any
asymmetry in the RF waveform would be balanced by an offset that would
be a function of the degree of asymmetry and the bang-to-bang time.

What was the nature of the test you made which leads you to believe that
there's any substantial residual DC component left on the output
terminal between bangs? Any idea of its magnitude? What prevents any
residual DC charge left on the terminal from rapidly disappearing since
it has a ready path to ground through the secondary coil??

-- Bert --